As part of our mandate to make ambient environmental data accessible in a timely manner, AEMERA provides near real-time air quality data streaming services in a variety of formats freely to the public.
Near Real-Time Data Streaming
The near real-time data for all of AEMERA's air quality stations for which the Air Quality Health Index is calculated can be accessed from the following link as an OData Service in an XML/JSON format: https://data.environment.alberta.ca/Services/AirQualityV2/AQHI.svc . This data is updated approximately every five minutes.
The historical air quality data for all of AEMERA's air quality stations can be accessed from the following link as an OData Service in an XML/ JSON format:
https://data.environment.alberta.ca/Services/AirQualityIndex/AQArchive.svc . This service generally includes data 3 months old and older.
- To see the current air quality data for your location on the AEMERIS map, click on this link: http://bit.ly/1QsPnBr and then click on the "Find My Location" icon (a compass in the upper left corner of the map). AEMERIS will zoom in to your current location with the air quality stations and their ratings displayed.
- Alberta's Ambient Air Quality Objectives and Guidelines are available as an attachment to this data set.
- To access an interactive report of exceedances at AEMERA's air quality stations in the oil sands regions, click on this link: Oil Sands Air Quality: Air Exceedances by Station .
- To access an interactive report of pollutant trends at AEMERA's air quality stations in the oil sands regions, click on this link: Oil Sands Air Quality: Pollutant Trend Reports by Station
Nov 17, 2015
||Alberta Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Agency
Nov 17, 2015 -
- The near real-time data has not had quality assurance processes completed for it yet. Please use it at your own discretion.
- The historical data has had quality assurance processes completed for it.